26 May 2013

I am always mildly amused when people point out to me my quirks and idiosyncrasies, especially those I am unconsciously guilty of. I guess it's still nice to know that people take notice of you even if its just peculiarities of your character and whatnot. My friend Rebecca was the first to point out my slight obsessive compulsive disorder with food a while ago. Apparently, everything on my plate is always neatly divided with no chance of a food crossover. Note the word 'apparently' being used as up till her observation, I was completely unaware of operating on this system all this time.

Yesterday, a cast member from the musical I am currently a part of asked why I brush my hand against the wall every time before I reach for the door knob in our dressing room. I explained it as one of the measurements I take to prevent static shocks. Old habits don't die, instead they become an automated process that bypass your conscious level while carrying it out. I was surprised anyone even noticed.

So, I was mildly amused twice today.

No comments:

Post a Comment